Monday, March 12, 2012

God Save My Shoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dk66xz8te0

 Which one of us, women, doesn't love them? High heels, ballerinas and much more types of shoes, all heroes of our dreams all the way! I have a friend who is addicted to buying shoes- once I visited her I had to make some shopping for her. Her fridge was totally empty as she spent all of her money for next three pairs of shoes!
 The  creators of 'God Save my Shoes' try to explain the phenomenon of shoes. They interview celebrities and the most powerful people in shoe business. I love the line that women have a relationship with their shoes- that's exactly the way I feel. 
 Some people blame shoes for developing of shopaholism. It definitely makes a point due to the amazing philosophy which grew around shoes over centuries. Nobody knows when did it start, but we can't blame Manolo Blahnik more than old Chinese celebration of women's feet, as well as we can't blame Hollywood movies more than old romances, where woman's foot was a symbol of sex-appeal.  
I could probably blame my grandmother who had a different pair of shoes to every clothing set and a special closet for shoes. But there's one line in this movie I really like and I think that's it: we can only blame the way it makes us FEEL. It's the way it makes us feel which makes shoe business a real art branch with a psychological flavour. 'God Save my Shoes' is not going to bring us an explanation of shoes' role in the world. It will take us into an another world. The one we like more than wonderland- the shoeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment