Sunday, January 20, 2013

Susan, dwarves and snowy, lazy Sunday

 I cannot imagine a life without snow. In winter two years ago I was leaving Panama looking forward to many things, but now I have to admit, snow was an image on my mind. Snowy wonderland. Susan seems to be dreaming sleeping under the ironing board. We do love summer, but no when it comes to this:


Susan, for her part, feels neglected on these days. She is immersed in a cozy sleep near the heater and nobody seems to be interested in playing with her. Even she is more than needed- we are expecting to come a very important guest, a guest thank to whom I met them all, Mr Charming, Vincenzo, The Guy I Lived With and without whom this blog wouldn't be the same. Guys- meet Tigerlily, the most incredible flight attendant any airlines could ever have. And Susan, our small purple vacuum. Hopefully there will be something more to say on them.
 Sunday evening expectation in winter trying to remind an image I had in my mind since childhood. A small crowd of people, both adults and children, carrying Christmas boxes. The images of our time stay with us making us feeling safe. I know I will spend years, or ages, recovering this image. And it will be somewhere beyond, untouchable.
Because what else is snow, if not a fluffy pillow waiting to jump inside, and immerse.

No comments:

Post a Comment