Sunday, September 16, 2012

Learning Indonesian, or How The Nerds Understand Active Way To Take The Rest

 What can I say, I am a huge fan of almost all of the forms of active way to take the rest. But, which is quite typical for me, me understanding of that is quite unusual. 



 This post is my lifestyle introduction. As you might have guessed, it has nothing to do with healthy food nor exercises. It would be not very Monkey Seduction. 
 Once upon a time, my brain got tired. Not like it happens extremely rarely, sometimes my brain just gets tired and bored and needs some inputs to keep going. I already know that the best thing to restart your mind is learning. Especially if that's a practical learning. 

 So trying to find something nice nourishment for my brain, I typed down into google search words describing learning random languages. Then, thinking about my friend's friends's friend's friend I typed: 'Learning Indonesian'. And, voila. It was there. A complete course with audio lessons and study guides. Five minutes later I already was a student of a free, basic course of bahasa Indonesia. 
 And then, suddenly, the magic has happened. I entered a truly magical world, a labirynth of images and places chasing each other around my brain to form a refreshing dream to all of the parts of my brain. Indonesian was the first non-European language I ever started to learn. And I understood what that feeling was about.

 Nothing, absolutely nothing, can stimulate your brain as efficiently as getting a new sort of practical knowledge, completely different then everything you've learnt before. 

My adventure with Learning Indonesian was going extremely fast and I hardly realized when I started to form my first sentences. Finally, I stopped to even imagine my life without Shaun and Cici, my audiocourse's tutors. I was really waving to them through the computer, smiling with welcoming expressions and replying even if it was not required for the course. My brain had restarted. 
 Then, with new fierce, I came back to Monkey Seduction, improving the lay-out and composing a new post. And noticing a small request below my study guide, saying that Learning Indonesian is a family business and they would be greatful for leaving a review for them. So here is my voice, my little thank you for recharging the complicated and heavy batteries-corridors of my mind. 
 And this also my first rule of healthy lifestyle- nothing like healthy, refreshed and happy brain. That's better than jogging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment