Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Panta rei, Mr Charming!

 One thing I have to confess: I am definitely not a seightseeing creature. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I cannot appreciate a beauty of a view- I am just too impatient to spend hours stuck in one place just admiring a landscape. 
 Amongst all of the things I couldn't exactly get in my life the first one is ability to spend holiday in one place only, not moving for a whole day or even more, and I don't mean only hotel swimming pool style of vacation. I am an itchy adventurer and when something stops being entertaining, my hands start to shake and my throat  becomes surprisingly tasty creating in my mind a situation of a desert isolation. 
 This feeling came to me suddenly recently, when me and my dearest friends went for a delightful trip around our beautiful, underestimated again and again city. Late evening we stopped on a pathway beside the river Thames, discovering an undeniable charm of Tower Bridge. 


  I was watching absolutely calm faces of Mr Charming and Ms Adorable, totally sinking in their admiration. And I felt my legs walking away from me, like leaded by instinct of separating myself immediately from this constant view, making me standing there calm and untouched. In fact, I was just getting crazy.
 But suddenly an unusual coincidence came to lend me a hand. In a silence of evening, Mr Charming did something he should have never done: he said something. Or maybe, he articulated a sentence to express his random thought:
 - The water is moving- the statement cut the air around like scissors. 
 - What?- shouted Ms Adorable with a tone I have never heard from her mouth before.- How could you? That's outrageous! Such a rubbish!
 He turned back and started to walk rapidly away from us, leaving the charm of Tower Bridge behind her. 
 Poor Mr Charming chased her with a solemn expression of his guilt, but she didn't have any mercy for him. She couldn't forgive ruining such an amazing moment with an 'obvious bullshit'. And even though Mr Charming left home aware of being right, he had to accept that the truth is not always what we need. Just like Ibsen said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment