Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Caught by Monkey Seduction

Even it might be hard to believe it, it has been a while since Monkey Seduction had last sat on my chest. I discovered this fact with a sadness increased by an awareness that it's all because I am simply too absorb. Feeling dedicated to a paper work, sinking in small busy tasks which are not going to matter in any longer running. In this reality of a sheer sided trap, Monkey Seduction has visited me all of a sudden in a middle of a busy day when there was already much more on my head than I could ever take. 
 For those who had already forgotten what Monkey Seduction was all about I add that it evoluted from my constant feeling from the time when I was younger, though in a much less sophisticated manner: the feeling to quit everything and go to the Goddamnit. 
 Now I am much older and know it well there is no place to go away from here. Because wherever you move, it will always be here for you. Maybe that is why Monkey Seduction has lived inside my life as a  long forgotten legend, always irrelevant and not applicable. It was until today, when it entered my kitchen to remind me about my old favourite hobby: dreaming.
 When I created Monkey Seduction two years ago it was clear what it was all about- a moment when the time stops to matter. So here I am, with my coffee and a pencil, to share this wonderful experience.
 There is four of us over here: me, Frank, Susan and my bloody computer without whom nothing would be able to place even a shadow of happening. I am dedicating this day to dream and therefore it is an important day of my life. Maybe even the most important.

One of the main characteristics of Monkey Seduction state of mind is a string of thought. Usually without any association with your current life concerns. For example today I was thinking about patchwork.


























Patchwork is a visual body of Monkey Seduction. It has everything I am filled from the inside: it's colourful, adventurous and does not have a base in logic. Patchwork is the ultimate stadium of an imaginary perfection. It started during my school time when I got a notebook with a picture on the cover. It showed a couple on a background of a red bus and Big Ben somewhere on a misty back. The story was happening in London and the girl pictured on a cover was wearing a braid and a leather jacked, and first of all, a long skirt made of patchwork. She looked incredibly lively and happy and every detail of her appearance was a personification of joy. I can't remember the guy who was with her, holding her in a more-than-friendly embrace. I was eight years old and who cared about the guy. Now it would mean a world for me to find this picture, but Jesus, a notebook from nineties! Maybe it's better I can't find it.. maybe it doesn't exist.. Maybe it's my mind, my imagination of a child, but I like it the way it is, always in front of my mind. I asked my mom to make for me a skirt like this, long, wide and made of patchwork. From then onwards this picture has determined my life choices, like the story carelessly captured on a photo wanted to break into the reality and come true.

Sometimes I think about a perfect flat. Maybe it's because I am getting old or maybe because my old dreams keep on waking me up these days, making me want to feel how was it supposed to be: a smell of coffee, a view on a busy street somewhere in North or East London, and only this, a patchwork couch was not there. With it the dream became sadly complete and final, sealing the image forever in my mind, as a picture of something which not yet meant to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment