Sunday, August 11, 2013

Discreet Friendship

 I met Bill some while ago. To be honest, I didn't really meet Bill- we were never oficially introduced, we didn't have any common friends and we never actually spoke. But somehow, I met Bill. Trough the social network. One day, I got a message from Bill politely asking me to get to know him better. Cautious, I replied, looking for I guess another curious story in my life. But soon I realized that 'getting to know better' meant for Bill something completely different than I supposed.
 Bill's offer was totally honest, to appreciate this honesty, and his manner appeared to me as 'straight to the point': 'because who would refuse to the offer of 'caring and filled with deep emotions sex', including romantic sessions of massage, sharing 'sensuality of the moment' and then (my favourite part)- spiritual talk till twilight brings us back to reality. So who would refuse to such a great offer? Well, I did. As being a business person rather than 'candles and sunset' person I politely asked what I am going to have out of it. What's actually in it for me? So, Bill, you wanted everything: spirituality, intimacy, feelings, emotions, twilight, candles, maybe also a candy and a kiss on a forehead. And you offered for that nothing! Absolutely nothing, not even a flower! Oh, Bill, that is highly inappropriate!


 My Anonymous friend (who chose to be Anonymous but I got to ask him if he still wants it as he recently gave up on a part of his fame) recently told me that in the country he lives in you can find announcements in news papers written in a similar form: 'A well-established clerk is looking for a young woman for a discreet friendship'. 
- There is something I am really intrigued by in this line- said he, finding more examples for the pattern use. 'Discreet friendship' seemed to be the most accurate description for most of advertisers.- It's not only this confidential flavour, it's the sound of it, this something which is just so... sublime.

- It's never just about sex- continued A. taking a sip of rakija from a plastic bottle.- Those who think so are lacking imagination. 
- How about those who clearly want only sex?
- Then it's the matter of ego and insecurities. So still, it's never just sex. 

POST SCRIPTUM: MAGNUS

 Magnus was a former colleague whom I was passing on the corridor everyday. After I quit, Magnus and I didn't really stay in touch. Not really, because one day all of a sudden I received an email from Magnus. I will allow myself to quote it:

'Hey, I thought that maybe we could go out one day. Then we could go to my place, I would cook some dinner and then a breakfast in the morning. What are you saying?'

Dear Magnus! With sadness in my heart I need to refuse but I so appreciate your honesty! 

Never thought I would experience so much joy out of one explicit message. The only thing which is disquieting to me is that none of them, neither Bill or Magnus, thought even for a minute that they simply might be not my type. I'm just saying.

*Informed that this post will be about a 'discreet friendship' Frank refused the comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment