Saturday, July 20, 2013

Spotted in the sun

Recently I had a dream. I dreamed about a dog who was actually half French bulldog and half large king prawn. He liked to hang out on my head, which was quite problematic as his tail was always in front of my eye.

 There will never be enough of good reasons why is that so amazing to work on Brick Lane. But this thing has absolutely surpassed my most daring expectations. In the sun, for a moment I became the part of a creation. This picture I have taken with a miserable camera of my Blackberry captures the moment, when the time has really stopped.



 I remember this wall out of a great graffiti which used to be there a year ago, a huge face of a girl whose big sad eyes were watching you while passing the street. As far as I remember there were always portraits. Maybe that's why the occtopus-elephant itself didn't really make such a huge impression on me on the next day when I went there to spot the final result. I just think there is nothing like a partrait, somebody's history told on the wall, with a help of the eyes. But this is only my humble opinion. 



 The piece which used to watch my every step near the place when Paolo O. Martin used to live before he got kicked out. There is something in wondering faces, touching and final, telling better stories than every line you can ever write and any miserable achievement you can place on your task list just to tick it officially in Facebook. This face to me tells everything. No words needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment