Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Birthweek- Day 2: Drinks at The Shard and Miracle Monday

 It's been a long time as I knew that today was going to be a Miracle Monday. It had to be as it's the last day when I'm 26. I'm really sorry I couldn't spend it with more of my friends as my phone died (as usual). But Miracle Monday today didn't let me down. 


 We went down to Tate Modern from St. Paul's, through my favorite bridge leading you to the museum with a posture of the cdathedral in the background. Today it was cool and misty, creating a magical postcard from a place I've never been yet, right around me. We went to see Paul Klee exhibition at Tate, and while we were queing to buy tickets the first miracle showed up. It was a lady with sincere brown eyes, asking us for a minute and apologizing for interrupting our conversation. Her name was Christine and she was French, as after living in London for over ten years her accent was still ringing at the end of the lines. She told me she had a membership pass and she can invite one person for an exhibition as a guest. 'It's amazing- said I. Tomorrow is my Birthday'. 

 The Paul Klee exhibition was definitely the point number one of the day. So huge, that it was almost impossible to see it all at once. Fifteen rooms filled with works of the artist, divided to periods and presented with detailed descriptions on artist's life and beliefs. Same as my friends, I liked the most his works from twenties, creating a magical world within themselves, clearly inspired by caligraphy. One of the paintings was literally alive- it was a window to a different itself and I wanted to jump inside- it reminded me of the times when I was a girl and always wanted to cross to the second side of a mirror.
 My favourite quote of the artist said that 'Every artist is a creature, creature on earth, creature within, creature on the star amongst stars'. My friends will understand why is that the favourite...

 Later I celebrated the day with a meal but I don't recommend this certain experience. Another bold point of the evening was getting into Shard to have a drink. Everybody wants it sometimes, even if they do not confess, to feel like a millionaire. Shard is definitely this kind of experience. The touch of luxury which surrounded me inside surpassed all my expectations. We got to 32nd floor, only to see a wonderful space including drink bar and a restaurant. In an inspiring darkness you can see a beautiful landscape called London by night. Exotic interiors made me feel like a rich New Yorker. I soon got fed up with the luxury- the bathroom was covered with mirrors. Everywhere. That was too much even for a rich New Yorker. 
 It was the most expensive rum with cola in my life but it was worth it. And once again I proved myself that on Monday miracles really happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment