Sunday, February 24, 2013

If life could taste like Pina Colada

 This post will be a bit different then usual Monkey Seduction's approach to audience. In exchange I can ensure it has one advantage: it is real.
 This is my reality captured in a moment, an incredible moment, making me want to share it. No matter if we have a lifestyle or no, we have something what not everybody can have- benevolence. When I was a little kid my dad was singing me a song, going more or less like this: 'Seven little dwarves were going through green forest, had ain't no money but they had a lot of time'. Life in London can be pretty much the same. 
 On Saturday morning our friend was leaving UK forever- to the cold, distant country surrounded by mountains and the sea, to get married and settle down on a farm. We have been living all together for, as it seems now, eternity. On the last evening of this time, before we went to walk him to the bus stop, we visited a place he had been working. Because of this place he used to learn Chinese and bring home excellent high-class food. 
 This is how me, Chris, Gene and Mr Charming (Vincenzo was ill and stayed in bed) spend a great night out in Peony club near bank station. With wasabi prawns involved. Life was good. 


 When I first entered the house I continue living right now, Chris was sitting in the kitchen telling jokes about Spanish people. There were also Agnes and Thinkersoup, who was busy eating bones left out of a turkey legs while reading a book.
 A year and a half later we were sitting on a Central line train. I was wearing my new shoes: 'bought in November but haven't had a chance to wear them. They were supposed to be my zumba shoes but zumba classes never happened.'
'These I bought in summer'- said Chris watching his three-coloured sneakers.-'We were supposed to go jogging every morning with Ms Adorable and Fluffy. But it never happened.'
 We looked at Gene. Gene was looking at his shoes, the brand new ones, recently left in supermarket, and decided to kept the silence. 
 The moments when you see somebody for the first time and when you know it's the end of your common adventure. Embracing the journey you undertake with other people, who you might not appreciate until this last moment comes. I know I did. And this is why my life tastes like pina colada. Apart from this amazing drink which made my Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment