Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mindwritten part 2- the advanced methodology to writing without a real effort

 In two hundred years people will be able to get a filter into their brain which is going to select the right information and therefore, form articles in bulk and add them to the queue in order to be published. Till that, with a deep sadness, I need to anounce that me, my empty piece of paper and my total lack of inspiration, are sucked.
 Recently I have been mindwriting a lot. I created a chronicle of my past, of a long forgotten travel, I wrote two large episodes of my fantasy saga (with illustrations only my mind itself is able to create) and I almost finished two short stories. So my dear readers, could you kindly read my mind?

 There was for all of us a promised land of creative perfection, the land of our own we were supposed to furnish with dreams and hopes. The shops stuffed on empty books with pretty covers and hundreds of good quality pages engouraging us to write our own novels inside. They got filled with tones of canvas and paint of every possible colour inviting us to create a masterpiece. But the outcome of it stays in our minds, untouched and perfect, an ideal deal with both angel and the devil. In exchange our lives fill with experiences which are there for a moment, enjoyable essence which is about to pass and fade away, the elusive mark of our presence which is going to be surpassed in the race by it's own dress. That is what keeps passing me by.

 The evolution, for-God's-sake the mother of gravity and movement, has been not less cruel with me. The skill which remains not used for a while, vanishes. I call it a communism of the mother nature, whatever cannot be utilise needs to go. A good keyboard and an outstanding power of will won't be enough to beat it.

 But you see, there are these benefits of being a cat. And a cat person I am, I will be holding to the surface with my nails and I keep writing and posting even if I have absolutely nothing to say. Because even through the heaviest snow of an inspirational desert, there is no such a thing which is as easy as writing about nothing. 

IDEAS FOR EASY WRITING PROCESS
 Writing only for the sake of writing has been practised by thousands of the best authors over the centuries. When I was still at the university one of the most widely cherished author published a new book. It was quite a large piece, published by a prestigious company and quickly nominated to several literary prizes. All of my friends headed to the bookshops to get their own copy as soon as possible. But instead of a vital discussion in a student community, the reception leaned on a persistent silence. Maybe they couldn't get a complex philosophy presented by an award-winning author and a proclaimed genius, maybe his point of view shattered their perception of life so much they decided to keep quiet, maybe the masterclass of his skills was simply overwhelming. But the truth was much more touching and cruel: this book treated about nothing. The genius, the authority for millions, had absolutely nothing to say. The product he submitted to the prosperous publishing house was well-written, full of pleasant descriptions but had absolutely nothing to communicate. And just as he anticipated, it got sold out.


 More or less at the same time I had a professor called Romain. He had a specific sense of humour and lots of styling gel on his chest hair. Just as thoroughly as he cared about his look, he cared about the literature he chose to read with us in classes. The recipe for the perfect mixture could have never been disappointing: something contemporary, a little bit of edge, a scoop of psychology and a teaspoon of a sad prediction for the next generation. For Romain, all of these authors had exactly the same to say: colourised storied out of their own biographies. 
-It's simple- he always said.- If you don't have what to write about, you write about yourself,
 Since that us, almost all of his students, discovered a new fuel for inspiration. We started spending hours in libraries face to face with words rhythmically released by the keyboard. All of us, so dried up ad thirsty for an efficient writing spree, all of a sudden were producing pages and chapters one by one, leaving behind us sleepless nights and weight loss, fulfilled to the top. All of us, so empty, so having absolutely nothing to say young fellows all of a sudden had discovered a bunch of amazing, breathe taking stories to share.

 That was my story too, and then, so passionate and involved, I started to keep a diary. Then opened a blog. Just kidding. It was not like that at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment